Sunday, January 11, 2009

parchment paper & cooling racks

I'm surprised by my post of Friday night/Saturday morning. I have no idea how I managed to write in full sentences. I actually couldn't even remember writing it and was surprised to see it in the morning.

Yesterday I woke up with a slight ache in the head, but quickly drank some water and took some pills, and then had some chocolate milk and a banana. That didn't cause any trauma. When I got to work I had an egg mcmuffin thing with sausage because I really needed the fat and I felt a lot better after. I didn't mind directing people all day at work, my first and perhaps only shift on my old floor. After work I went for dinner and a drink with Eileen at the Black Frog. We had a good chat and realised that $3.75 sleeves are a pretty decent deal (though I had a caesar... hair of the dog or such).

Today after work I made a casserole with peppered salmon tips, peas, onions, mushrooms and lemon. It's pretty nice, fairly flavourful, which is good since I have enough to feed me everyday for a week. After I did a couple of loads of dishes (pre-cooking and post-cooking), I decided to use up the lemon zest sitting in my fridge and made lemon bars. They're cooling now. I have to figure out if I can freeze them or not. It's unrealistic for me to eat them all (I'm trying to not be fat), and they'll only last a couple of days if they're not dealt with. What to do, what to do? Maybe I'll test them in the freezer. Or... what would Dorie Greenspan do? Hmm...

It appears Dorie Greenspan would also eat them in two days or less. Frick.

Why must I love to bake? It's such a hindrance to my well-being. I mean, it makes me happy, but dealing with the baking afterwards... so hard. Maybe I should have drop-in hours at my house. Normally I would take some into work, but I haven't actually seen any of those people eat or drink anything. They could be androids and my pushing lemon bars could make them malfunction and try to kill me. It's possible.

My work hours are so weird the next while. I don't have a full day off until Saturday and I've already planned large portions of my weekend to take full advantage of the days off. I was thinking of trying to get more hours at VPL, but if I do I don't know when I'll do such basic things as laundry or seeing people. Or baking.

No comments: