Sunday, November 6, 2005

what the hell is in the water?

Current mood: giddy

I have a confession. I love Coronation Street. Sure, it's a soap. Fine, it's been on for 40 or 50 years and I only just started watching it. But, holy crap, it's so addictive that I don't think I could stop watching if I tried. And I have no reason to try to stop. The CBC is about 7 or 8 months behind, but it's getting really good at the spot they're at right now. Murder! Abortions! Abstinence (on a soap!)! I mean, a family is in witness protection! The accents are such a good challenge to try to understand what some of them are saying.

But I have to wonder where the water supply for the street comes from because how can so much shit go down on ONE STREET? Like, not even a town or city like American soaps. This is just on the high road.

I used to watch Murder, She Wrote all the time with my dad. I could never understand how that woman could have so many friends knowing that she was always in the middle of a murder investigation. I mean, how many of her friends and relatives were accused of murder? Wouldn't someone clue into it and maybe not meet her for lunch when she's in town? Because you know that later that day you're going to be accused of murder.

Currently listening:
Friend I Once Had
By Club 8
Release date: 09 December, 2003

No comments: