Sunday, November 20, 2005

gamer

Current mood: coughy

This has been a banner week. Thursday I met up with my girlfriends to play Scrabble. I've never played a whole game of Scrabble before and I remember why: I can't think of words from 6 consonants and one vowel. My vocabulary still hasn't recovered from the years abroad; I can't think of simple words, so forget about more challenging ones.

Then last night I went for a monthly games night at one of my co-worker's houses. We played some movie shouting game, then a music shouting game, and then attempted to play DVD Pop Culture Trivial Pursuit. The movie one was close, but the music one... my team kicked ass, doubling the other team. Then the pop culture TP was pretty disasterous. Hard questions. I mean, I thought I knew pop culture, but apparently I don't. But no one else did, either, so my team had the most pies by the time we left. One of the regulars tends to overdrink and becomes an obnoxious ass. Last night he fell asleep on the couch in the middle of the game, snoring loudly. It made me feel so sorry for the daughters, that embarassment of realising a room full of people were laughing at your dad.

Next time we might play a murder mystery. I'm hoping there are some fun games under someone's Christmas tree for the new year. I can't play games with my family, with all games turning into me or my dad yelling at each other, so this is surprisingly fun.

Currently listening:
The Boy With the Arab Strap
By Belle & Sebastian
Release date: 08 September, 1998

No comments: