Saturday, November 5, 2005

to the dark side

Current mood: sugar high crash

This week another friend announced her upcoming wedding. They're getting married next week by themselves, no friends or family. Friends...they're dropping like flies. They're all going to the dark side.

Speaking of which... The one nice thing about living in a dark home during this time of the year is that it's so dark outside most of the time with the crappy rain that my friends can't brag about how much more light they get in their houses. It's been raining for what seems like weeks, but I know that's not true. It looks like I might move to an above ground apartment next April/May, which is more exciting than I can say. A family friend has an apartment that is coming free and offered it to me. Slightly higher rent, but light! No spiders! More room!

The cemetery walk on Saturday was fine. Wound up wandering around with no particular route, but it let everyone sorta chat and veer off the path when they saw something. I'm hoping to get out to New Westminster shortly to the cemetery there, as it's older than Vancouver's and has John Deighton, aka Gassy Jack.

Have I mentioned lately that I love Sarah Vowell? I do. For true. Smart, smart, smart.

Currently reading:
The Partly Cloudy Patriot
By Sarah Vowell
Release date: 01 October, 2003

No comments: