Tuesday, November 15, 2005

the balancing act

Current mood: unsettled/settled

My friend is back from a month in Edmonton and I'm so, so, so, so happy she's back. We had a nice chat about what's been going on with us, and then talked at length about creationism and how Dan Brown has failed in creating original fiction. She and I are similar in the way we deal with things and she gets me. Or maybe I can just relate to her easier than I can with other people and then can pour out the contents of my head/heart. Regardless, it's comforting to have her back in close proximity.

I've been feeling very unnormal recently and have been trying to figure out what to do about it. I think I've finally come to a conclusion:

It's time to run my life according to New Romantic songs from the mid-'80s. OMD and the Psychedelic Furs have some important life lessons to teach me. I just have to listen right. I would include Echo and the Bunnymen, but my "Killing Moon" 12" probably isn't a good indicator of where my head should be right now.

Currently listening:
The Best of OMD
By Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Release date: 25 October, 1990

No comments: