Friday, December 4, 2009

a man in uniform

Work has its higher points. Today was the fire officer graduation, which in and of itself is not that impressive. But the man I think is so attractive was dressed in his officer dress uniform... Gosh, he's lovely. One of my other co-workers noticed him first, coming down the stairs, and commented how nicely he was dressed. They didn't really know that I have a crush on him, but they do now. My gushing "but he's so nice" probably gave that away. One co-worker mentioned that he always seems sort of flustered; maybe that's the part that is attractive. Still, not a chance.

Today I IMed more than I have in ages, with three convos popping up within minutes of each other at one time. It makes me feel less alone when people actually talk to me, so it was nice to talk with people today. Granted, two of them dropped out of (partially tentative) plans, but two did set plans as well, so that's something. Tomorrow evening I'm going to the Giants game (the teddy bear toss) with my sister and Monday I'm meeting my chum Joe from school. A rare Saturday night out.

Tonight, though, I just didn't feel like going to a show alone, but didn't feel like doing all those things I should do around the house. I sit and worry about my pipes bursting again, something I'll likely worry about as long as I live here and the weather starts to cool. Why couldn't they just wrap the stupid pipes up in insulation, even though they didn't put any in the walls?

But soon starts the season of holiday cheer and all that. Work parties and friends from far flung places and all that. Good times.

No comments: