Wednesday, April 30, 2008

a little off (this is the end)

I'm sitting completely alone at work, no one in sight except for the people that pass by my window. I'm feeling a bit weird. This is my last regularly scheduled work day and I think it's finally starting to hit me: I'm done. This should probably illicit more excitement than it does right now. All I can think about is all the stuff I have to get done today.

One of my friends' boyfriends passed me in the hall as I came in and suggested we go for lunch next week. It was weird to say I'd be away for a couple of weeks and that we'd have to organise when I come back. I haven't even mentioned to people outside my department that I'm finishing work. Most who know me know about school and such. Still, it makes me feel a bit odd explaining it at this point.

I'm the slightest bit worried about my flight tomorrow, just because I realise I'll be waiting for/on planes for 11 hours and have very little in the way of personal amusement. I've never gotten an MP3 player and now regret that decision; the thought of listening to other people makes my stomach turn. I've no idea what book I could read that would be both small enough to fit my bag and long enough to get me from at least Alberta to Ontario. There is very little chance I'm going to eat the crap they sell on the plane, but haven't figured out a reasonable alternative. I really should have thought to plan this sooner.

Holy fricking hell, I'm leaving town.

No comments: