Monday, April 7, 2008

glimmers

Despite the crap weather today, I had moments of feeling OK. It was fleeting, lasting only a few minutes, but it happened twice. Both times were fairly incidental and maybe they didn't really happen, but I don't think so.

The first occurred when I left work to catch the bus to campus to finish an assignment (not one of the assignments that is keeping me awake at night). I looked across the street at the way the light hit the glass at the Centre's entrance and felt like things were OK. This after stomach pains from anxiety for part of the afternoon.

The second came during the bus ride back to my neighbourhood. I glanced out the window, as I'm want to do, and the view down Burrard cleared my mind instantly. The green apartment building glowed brightly despite the overall grey of the afternoon, and slivers of brightness hung over the snowy mountains on the North Shore.

Sometimes I like living here.

No comments: