Thursday, June 11, 2009

fighting the good fight

As luck would have it, as soon as I have a glimmer of time off (two more days!) I get the idea of a cold. I don't have a cold; I have symptoms that would imply I may get a cold if I weren't on the Cold FX cycle and drinking tea and water most of the day and gargling with Listerine. But I'm not sick. Nope. Not me. Not sick.

So what if I went through almost an entire package of Fisherman's Friend? They freshen my breath.

Today I missed seeing David Sedaris at the CBC for a bookclub chat/reading. I had every intention of going, but then had my shift today extended and I couldn't really rationalise passing up that kind of money, even though I love David Sedaris and will likely never get this close to him again. Sigh. David, look me up the next time you're through town. I'll take you to dim sum.

My parents are coming to town tomorrow for a short visit. Mostly this is to make sure my sister is OK, since she's still not really speaking to us and it was her birthday yesterday. But they'll be testing out the new sofabed; they're the guinea pigs. (Is that even accurate? Do they do any testing on guinea pigs anymore? Aren't rats or mice more popular in animal experiments?) I didn't put as much effort into cleaning my house as I probably should have, since they generally point out something that doesn't seem like it's as clean as it should be. My biggest issue was moving all my sewing stuff that I had scattered across my dining room table. That took forever to deal with.

Yesterday after work I headed to the SW Marine Drive Fabricland to pick up some Vintage Vogue patterns because they're regularly $30, but are on for $5.99 for the next week. I also got some fabric that was "buy 1 metre, get 3 metres free" and wound up with 8 metres for $30. I probably need to stop visiting fabric stores again. It's becoming unhealthy. I sorta finished the hideous fabric dress, but I don't like how it fits and so either have to take half of it apart to try to figure out how to fix the weird sleeves and the bunchiness at the back or just put in the zipper again and cut out a few inches to try to solve the sleeve problem by tightening the whole thing up. Neither is tempting right now.

I should probably go to bed. A full night sleep would be sweet, though unlikely since my body seems to refuse to sleep past 6:30am. Black out shades would be awesome. I could pop to the fabric store for something...

No comments: