Tuesday, December 30, 2008

...and i don't see any difference

Holy frick, I'm sick of snow and/or ice.

Combing through listings, I've come to realise that New Years Eve will likely be a write-off. Too late for things that are affordable, too cheap for things that require me to sell off organs on the black market to afford, I'm struggling to figure out what to do tomorrow. I anticipated falling asleep on my futon around 10pm from a sugar overdose and the consumption of every bit of alcohol in my fridge, but that is probably incredibly lame/pathetic. Still, I think I'll try to get to the booze shop at some point tomorrow, just in case. You never know when you'll need to cradle a bottle of Malibu for comfort.

I don't like the pressure of New Years Eve. It almost never turns out as well as you want it to. The worst one I can recall was when my friend gave me Canucks tickets for Christmas for the New Years Eve game and the weather on New Years Eve day was a whiteout, resulting in me alone at my parents' house drinking eggnog and watching the CBC instead of driving to Vancouver for the game. But, regardless of what happens, every year winds up feeling like variations of the same anyway.

Maybe this is why I don't get many invitations for New Years Eve. I'm such fun.

No comments: