Wednesday, December 17, 2008

sniffle cough

What day is it again? I've lost track. I've been confined to my house the last couple of days, let out only to gather supplies and make other people fear for their health.

The chest cold... I fricking hate being sick, but I hate not getting paid way more. It was heartbreaking to call in sick the last two days, counting in my head how much more money I need in my account so my bills and rent cheque don't bounce. I can't help but think in terms of money, how much I'm losing out on by staying at home watching terrible daytime television (except for the Bonnie Hunt Show. Gosh, I LOVE her; she's so hilarious and wholesome. When she had that sitcom about her raising a family and hosting a morning talk show I always hoped she would actually have her own talk show because it was always hilarious. And now... Wishful thinking works sometimes! Now I just need wishful thinking to find a boy who doesn't suck... This has proven far more difficult). It's nearly out of my chest (I think. Again, that wishful thinking) and I should have just the residual croaky voice tomorrow and the occasional coughing fit. Better that than being trapped in my bed under the duvet, too weak to roll out and crawl for water. Tomorrow is the last day of work that I can get paid for this month. I need it.

At some point I have to start prepping for the holidays. With the impending arrival of my family in a week, the house needs some tidying/cleaning so I don't get lectured the whole visit about how I've failed my parents by not taking better care of my home. I also promised my mom I'd bake some cookies, which wouldn't necessarily be bad, but I need to get more butter and time to actually go on a baking spree. Maybe Sunday.

I'm not happy about the snowfall of today. I've yet to get winter boots to protect my delicate feet from the elements. I am much less nice when my feet are cold and wet. I know people always like to have a white Christmas, but having lived through my share of white Christmases... I'm not a fan, especially when Christmas depends on loved ones travelling mountain routes. I've had enough holidays ruined by closed highways and snow slides.

On the upside, my sister called yesterday to see if I want to go to the Canucks game on Monday night. Very excited! It's not the Oilers, but those tickets are not often up for grabs. I can always wish.

No comments: