Thursday, November 27, 2008

throat scratches

On my trip away from SFU I realised that all those kids must think I look really old and stuffy. I wasn't wearing jeans and Uggs (how can people still be wearing those?) or jeans and anything; I opted on a dress and flats for my interview. I got to thinking about what I was like when I was their age. And I've got to say, I was WAY more interesting/fun then than I am now.

I miss when Vancouver had awesome bands and it was easy to have fun. When I knew people in bands and who had record labels and... I guess I still know interesting people, but I'm just not one of them. Now the interesting people colour comic books and record segments for CBC and own gaming companies. Me, I just answer questions all day about books.

The bus was hellacious from Main. I had to wait for 20 minutes for it and it was half-full from the first stop. People packed on and it took 5 minutes to close the door because people couldn't get far enough away from the door for it to close but wouldn't get off. Two young boys were texting each other (they were about 2 people away from each other) and then the one called the other to talk. It was at that point that I laughed out loud at them and they laughed that I laughed, and everyone else tried to turn to see why we were all laughing, which made me laugh harder because it was impossible to move. I think I got a cold during the trip.

The heat is on in the living room. I don't think I can be perpetually cold anymore. If only I could unthaw my feet enough to go to a place that sells space heaters...

I've got one more day of work and then I'm working almost no days the next two weeks. This scares me a bit, but I'm trying to look at this positively: if I go on a date and want to stay over, I don't have to leave at 7am to get home and to work in the morning. I can start drinking at 9am. I can take a little day trip or overnighter to somewhere else. I can do stuff. Holy crap, what am I going to do for two weeks?

2 comments:

Orfamay said...

On the bus from UBC I feel like an old woman in my Vogs and wool coat. A couple years ago I realised I had somehow started dressing like the Queen Mother.

ric-rac said...

Hey, she was a stylish lady! Just 6 months ago I dressed studentish; now... I'm like a nun on a day trip away from the convent.