Wednesday, November 26, 2008

cold as ice

Tomorrow I have an interview at one of the university libraries again, this time for a short-term on-call position. I'm not sure what to expect this time, if getting an interview is a formality or if they want to find out more from me than they learned the last time I interviewed with them. Will I have the same people interviewing me? Did they take really excellent notes that they will consult again to see if my stories are the same?

I'm not thinking about it very much because I have a 2-hour training session to lead tonight that makes me a bit nervous. I know practice is supposed to make you less nervous, but when I practice it makes my stomach hurt in anticipation. I'm glad for the experience, but dislike the process.

Last night I was out with my classmates and we kind of wound up bar hopping, which is strange on a Tuesday night. We started at the Railway and had a pitcher that Joe thought tasted like broccoli. Then we went to Cafe Crepe for cheaper beer and some food. The guys were disturbed the men's washroom lacked doors; I was disturbed that one of the stalls in the ladies' literally looked like a shitstorm hit it. Dirty eurotrash... Then we wandered towards Waterfront and decided on a sports bar on Pender that starts with a Y that I can't remember the spelling of (Yagger's?). We all decided to drink what Rich always drinks (Jager & soda) since they serve Jagermeister ice cold from the tap. I had to stop drinking after the first one started to hit me mid-glass. Those guys are fun. We scurried for the Skytrain and I was home by 10:30, legs frozen and cursing my poor circulation.

I keep thinking about my friend's friend's puppy. I wonder if I can organise some sort of babysitting schedule...

Sarah Vowell's new book finally came in today. I'm pretty excited to read it. It's also time to start regular play of David Sedaris' "Holidays on Ice" to get me into the holiday spirit.

1 comment:

Glasto Geek said...

Dirty Eurotrash indeed. What fun we had mocking them and learning about crap bands from pissed neogoths!